Location: Nashville, Tennessee
VIP Human Resources
Senior Human Resource Coordinator will be responsible for supporting a full range of Human Resources (HR) activities. This role will be expected to be a conceptual thinker with outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Senior HR Coordinator is responsible for supporting and delivering quality work in a hands-on capacity related to VIP's HR policies, procedures, programs and services. Works as part of a team with other members of HR, supporting entities and their staff; may carry out responsibilities in a variety of functional areas such as benefits management, employee relations and performance management, compensation, recruiting and staffing.
- Supports the HR team in a variety of operational activities including onboarding, benefits, payroll, employee policies and procedures, training and other HR activities
- Assists with the full onboarding process for new hires including pre-hire requirements, background checks, I9 verification/documentation/files, conducting benefits orientations, and review of HRIS systems.
- Assists in the administration of benefits programs including eligibility, enrollment/benefit changes, responding to benefit inquiries, as well as communication with the HR team, and other internal resources toward successful problem resolution and appropriately escalates issues
- Assists in monitoring HR systems integrations to ensure accuracy
- Prepares and maintains various HR-related reports. Maintains and updates company/employee information as needed
- Participates in departmental projects as needed; completes special projects, including conducting research & analysis, crafting and editing presentations, creating and distributing reports and presenting process recommendations for consideration
- Guides HR team through day-to-day processes and backfills roles to cover PTO and extended absences
- Leads HR Department in absence of Assistant HR Director
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by keeping abreast of existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements based upon guidance and direction of the Assistant HR Director
Our professional administrative functions include critical supporting roles in information technology and informatics, finance, administration, legal and community affairs, human resources, communications and marketing, development, facilities, and many more.
At our growing health system, we support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution. Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas. Team Interaction: Acts as a "go-to" resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Relevant Work Experience
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.