Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for formulating partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and Associates that aligns with Mary Washington Healthcare's (MWHC) business objectives and the business objectives within designated service line(s). The HRBP will function as the primary interface and strategic Human Resource partner to assigned service line(s), providing a link from service line(s) to all areas of the centralized Human Resources functions. The HRBP will maintain a broad knowledge of Associate relations, talent management and Associate engagement initiatives while providing consultation on a wide variety of Human Resources issues.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works closely with management and Associates to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to leadership (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides support to Associates and Managers to better understand and utilize HR tools, processes and policies; maximizing organizational effectiveness, improve performance and ensuring compliance
- Provides proactive HR assessment and diagnosis of business challenges and ability to craft effective solutions.
- Manages and resolves Associate relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Advises leadership on new ideas and proven practices in the areas of talent acquisition, assessment, development, organizational effectiveness, strategy, on-boarding, Associate engagement, retention, change management and communications.
- Maintains working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines, including Associate relations, Associate engagement, organizational management, performance management, change management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Leads, develops and/or participates in Associate-related activities/events for MWHC
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to develop solutions; programs and policies.
- Evaluates issues, patterns, and trends to provide proactive insights for HR solution and program designs i.e. training to address certain needs.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Supports the business and HR team with general task supervision, utilizing relationships to ensure alignment with organizational priorities and proactively sharing best practices for team learning and growth.
- Performs special HR projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Preferably in Human Resources or business related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years progressive HR experience and/or OD experience in Generalist role with a solid track record for delivering results, required.
- NOTE: Candidates with experience as a Generalist must possess strong organizational effectiveness and leadership skills, and experience working in an HR role with a shared service delivery model, preferred
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others, required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), required.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to be flexible and adjust direction, as necessary.
- Multi-site location client support experience, a plus.
- Healthcare industry experience, a plus
- HR certification, strongly preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.