Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience directly administering benefits for an employee population. Knowledge of federal and state laws related to human resources, FMLA, and medical benefits. Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and employee interactions. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. ADAA knowledge a plus. Well developed organizational skills and attention to detail. Verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
1. Primary HR contact for employees and managers and subject matter expert on FMLA, LWOP, and LOA. Administer plans and coordinate with department supervisors and employees to ensure timely application, documentation, and compliance with CCBC policy and applicable regulations. Respond to inquiries and resolve issues.
2. Maintain FMLA screen in Banner and FMLA-related documentation in employees' electronic files.
3. Coordinate with Payroll to ensure appropriate FMLA tracking and identification of possible FMLA-related absences
4. Collaborate with Benefits Administrators and Specialists and with Payroll when an employee moves between FMLA, LOA, LWOP, WC, retirement and/or LTD to ensure appropriate record keeping and policy compliance.
5. Recognize circumstances requiring Employee Relations intervention and refer /collaborate to support Employee Relations with necessary information and documentation. Update Complicated Cases spreadsheet in preparation for monthly meetings. Identify employees who should be monitored by the complicated cases committee.
6. Primary HR contact for employees and managers and subject matter expert on Voluntary Sick Leave Bank (non-union). Administer plan. Create and deliver communication materials and coordinate enrollment. Assist employees with applications to request donations. Review employee applications for use to ensure appropriate documentation, and compliance with CCBC policy. Coordinate with Payroll to ensure appropriate contribution deductions and bank usage. Respond to inquiries and resolve issues. Maintain accurate related Excel workbook.
7. Primary HR contact for employees and managers and subject matter expert on Union Sick Leave Donation program. Administer plan. Assist employees with documentation related to Sick Leave Donation and ensure compliance with union contracts. Coordinate with Payroll to ensure appropriate donation and usage. Respond to inquiries and resolve issues. Maintain related Excel workbook. Maintain records electronically.
8. Collaborate with HR team to conduct Open Enrollment and delivery of New Employee Orientation. Participate in Benefits Fairs.
9. Provide superb customer service using effective listening skills and ensuring timely resolution of inquiries. All initial responses should be made within 24 hours of an employee call or email.
10. Prepare and analyze reports and research and participate in special projects as assigned.
11. Maintain checklists for FMLA, LWOP, Departmental Medical Leave, and Sick Bank. Ensure efficient and effective supporting processes.
12. Maintain current knowledge of supporting laws and regulations. Maintain current knowledge of CCBC's plans, policies, and practices.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties as assigned.
CCBC is the college of choice for over 70,000 students and 200 businesses each year — all with unique goals, strengths and requirements. By offering a holistic learning environment that is both accepting and challenging, we meet students where they are and take them where they want to go. CCBC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all hiring and employment practices. We are committed to equal treatment for all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by law. CCBC’s benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, ample paid time off, choice of one of two Maryland State Retirement Plans (contributory and noncontributory), and much more.