George Fox University's office of People & Culture is looking for a seasoned HR leader to join their team as the Director of HR Operations and Compliance who will think strategically, solve problems and ensure operational services are running smoothly.
About the Job:
This position is responsible for providing leadership in bringing excellence and a forward-thinking service approach to the operations and processes of the Human Resource functions in the People and Culture office. The employee will work closely with a variety of constituents across campus to ensure compliance, accuracy and efficiency with HR processes and payroll services. Our ability to provide exceptional services to our student and employee community is what helps them experience our "Be Known" promise here at George Fox.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategically developing, enhancing, documenting and integrating processes and data flow using technology to achieve department and University objectives.
- Supervising the University Systems and Payroll team and providing leadership/support to internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure the HR/Payroll systems are operating effectively.
- Developing, implementing and managing data processes and innovative technology solutions across Human Resource functions that meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Leading in the design of department and University policies and processes to ensure proper implementation and institutional compliance.
- Monitoring key metrics and running regular audits to ensure accuracy and compliance within functional Human Resource areas.
- Partnering with campus leaders to develop and implement Employee Relations best practices.
- Handling employee complaints, managing grievance procedures and counseling, and/or investigating and resolving complex employee relations issues including Title IX complaints.
- Communicating effectively and courteously with others, including employees, students, and the public, in a spirit of teamwork, respect and customer service.
- By actions, words, and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal supervisory role.
- Demonstrating awareness, respect, and appreciation for diversity of culture, background, race, sex, political views, expressions of faith, etc. and works well with a variety of people.
- Other duties as assigned.
A day in the life of this position:
The day to day activities for this role vary widely. The position is autonomous and the employee should be driven to innovate and level up HR/Payroll processes, systems and services. The role requires a strong attention to detail and a highly analytical, excellence driven person. Partnership with HR and Payroll teams as well other internal and external stakeholders is a daily activity. The role is highly collaborative and will be working closely with individuals and teams.
We're looking for candidates who have:
- A minimum of 5 years recent, progressively responsible HR or payroll work experience, preferably within multiple HR disciplines.
- A degree in related field or HR certifications, preferred.
- A proven track record of ability to own and execute efficient and effective HR solutions that enhance workforce productivity, employee experience and organizational effectiveness.
- Experience or working knowledge of best practices regarding human capital, business strategy, HR systems, payroll systems, reporting requirements and employment law.
- The ability to analyze and interpret data to identify challenges and design and implement solutions. Problem solving and research skills are critical for success in this role.
- An ability to adapt your approach to the audience, anticipating impact of words and actions, preparing for possible resistance, and responding in an appropriate style, using a range of influencing styles.
- A demonstrated commitment to growing your own capabilities and working with a manager committed to that growth.
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a church. In addition, employees agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Hours Per Week: 40 hours (1.0 FTE)
- Work Location: Newberg Campus (Flexible scheduling available)
- Working Conditions: Physical requirements are those of a normal office environment.
- Supervisor: Vice President of People and Culture
George Fox University has been transforming student's lives for over 125 years. We are a Christ-centered community that prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join us in creating transformational experiences for our students.
Being a part of our community means a commitment to faith and to a lifestyle that is consistent with the university's mission as described in the Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement on our website.
As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in our community.
What is most appealing about working at George Fox University?
- Faith-friendly: Our culture is unique for higher education. At George Fox you can pursue academic excellence while integrating scriptures, praying with staff members and students at work, and helping to make an impact on the world in a way that promotes Christian values.
- Unapologetically Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God's Word.
- Live out your calling: You are able to use your God-given talents and abilities while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings, at which they will be able to glorify the kingdom of God just as they have seen you do.
For your personal well-being we offer:
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions.
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population.
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by.
- Free Fitness Center membership.
- Free parking.
- Rich employee benefit package.
Application Procedures - kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Letter of Interest and Curriculum Vitae or Resume:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon's largest private and nationally recognized Christian University!
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
**Have questions or need assistance with our application process? Contact Georgefoxcareers@georgefox.edu
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://georgefoxstaff.applicantpool.com/jobs/940378-47330.html