Provides support in functional areas of a human resources department, which may include recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, compensation management, benefits administration, organization development and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Recruitment Responsibilities including posting requisitions, screening and sourcing applicants, monitoring and reviewing applications following compliance protocol, creating offer letters, vacancy file maintenance (including review of interview notes for compliance and filing notes in appropriate vacancy file), timely and compliant dispositioning of all applicants.
2. Provide administrative support for unemployment claim responses.
3. Prepare various reports and professional correspondence for executives.
4. Schedule system generated reports for department leads.
5. Participate with and support the employee events committee.
6. Provide managers with approved temporary employment agencies contact information for temporary staffing needs.
7. Monitor FMLA mailbox for updates and requests to ensure compliance.
8. Provide good faith outreach effort administrative support and research.
9. Conduct exit interviews and process associated paperwork as necessary. Escalate relevant information to the correct manager.
10. Work with function managers to ensure compliance of employee personnel files.
11. New hire orientation support and completion of I-9 and Distribution Center forms.
12. Provide general administrative support to the Area Human Resources Business Partner and HR Generalist.
Internal: Area HRBP, DC and Area management and staff and employees, HR corporate support
Education/Training: Previous HR work experience required. Some college or Associates Degree preferred.
Related Experience: Minimum three years work experience in human resources required. Familiar with legislation concerning Federal and local State(s) employment laws to include but not limited to ADA, FMLA, EEOC, OSHA, FLSA, Title VII.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Recent working knowledge and experience with HRIS required Recent working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems preferred Familiarity with Learning Management Systems preferred Excellent verbal and written communication skills Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required Experience with Access and PowerPoint preferred Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required Prior experience in a Federal Contractor environment preferred.
US Foods® helps our customers make it, with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. Opportunities in our company abound for skilled, forward-thinking associates.
We've been in business for more than 150 years, spanning five generations and building on a legacy that began with delivering supplies on wagon trains to the Western Frontier. Today, we’re a publicly traded Fortune 150 company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and inside our doors you’ll find us developing leading-edge solutions to help our customers’ operations flourish.
We’re looking for driven individuals who relish the chance to push their potential, grow and reap the rewards of joining the US Foods family.