If you are a current Barnard College employee, please use the internal career site to apply for this position.
Junior HR Partner
Reporting to the Associate Director, Org Development/HR Partner, the Junior HR Partner will play a lead role in supporting the a portfolio of departments across provide professional HR advisory services to managers, leaders, and employees in supported units as it relates to workforce planning, recruitment, talent management, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, benefits, and compensation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Consults with management, providing tactical and strategic HR services and guidance when appropriate. Contributes to the business objectives by collaborating with managers, supervisors and functional leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
* Serve as the first point of contact for general employee inquiries for client groups. Provide guidance to employees on policies / procedures and provide available resources
* In partnership with hiring managers, create sourcing and recruiting strategies; conduct recruitment efforts for permanent and temporarypositions. Participate in interviews for key positions within assigned areas as well as exit processes.
* Ensure implementation and execution of background check process, compliance, and training for new hires; utilize applicant tracking system for hiring and track all recruitment related expenses.
* Participate in the rotation for onboarding, benefits orientation, health & wellness fair and other HR events
* Collaborate with internal partners as appropriate, including Benefits, HRIS, Office of General Counsel, Finance and colleagues across the College
* Ensure compensation recommendations align with college protocols, market benchmarking and internal equity
* Contribute to HR-related projects, as needed
* Oversee data accuracy for client groups in HRIS. Use quantitative and qualitative data to make data-informed recommendations on employee matters and college wide initiatives.
* Conduct timely and thorough investigations, recommend solutions to issues, and counsel employees. Advise managers on progressive discipline process. Facilitate dispute resolution within assigned departments as necessary to ensure the consistent, uniform and fair application of College policies and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications & Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal, customer-service and presentation skills
* Strong organizational skills with emphasis on being conscientious and detail-oriented to ensure accuracy. Strong trouble-shooting skills
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a team environment to meet deadlines
* Demonstrative ability to work with diverse clientele and translate their learning needs; and to generate and apply new or unique ideas or solutions
* Strong customer service skills; a welcoming and cooperative manner, in working with all levels of faculty, staff and external visitors, including vendors
* Demonstrated ability to maintain collegiality, flexibility, tact and good judgment in a busy office environment
* Knowledge of employment and labor laws
* Strong analytical skills
* Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years related experience required
* Strong computer skills to include MS office suite, database integration knowledge, intermediate PC and Mac troubleshooting as it relates to online learning platforms, and software used to create eLearning courses.
* Must have excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, strong customer service focus, and have the ability to respond sensitively to inquiries.
* Must have strong organizational skills and be capable of working independently as well as collaboratively.
* Must be detail oriented and be able to identify and manage competing priorities within a high-volume environment.
* In addition, the successful candidate must be able to work well with all levels of staff and management, both internally and externally, be flexible in nature, have sound judgment with an open and collaborative style that encourages teamwork and cooperation beyond the immediate team to the broader organization, have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and be a strong role model.
* Must have a passion for excellent customer service and commitment to exceptional quality.
Since its founding in 1889, Barnard has been a distinguished leader in higher education, offering a rigorous liberal arts foundation to young women whose curiosity, drive, and exuberance set them apart. Ours is a diverse intellectual community in a unique learning environment that provides the best of all worlds: small, intimate classes in a collaborative liberal arts setting dedicated to the advancement of women with the vast resources of Columbia University just steps away in the heart of vibrant and electric New York City.