Raleigh, North Carolina
Los Angeles, California
Little Rock, Arkansas
San Francisco, California
South Hamilton, Massachusetts
La Jolla, California
The successful candidate must have at least five (5) years of labor relations experience in a unionized setting. The successful candidate must also possess an advanced degree, preferably a J.D. with a focus on labor management relations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning employment and labor relations laws.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of employee relations, workplace investigations, and current and future dispute resolution and labor negotiation techniques.
- Thorough understanding of compensation administration.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Ability to litigate employment and labor disputes.
Education and Experience: Bachelors Degree with a concentration in Employee and/or Labor Relations; a Juris Doctorate with a focus on employment and labor law is preferred; 5 years of professional employee and/or labor relations experience; service inside of an human resource administration, including two years in employee relations preferred OR its equivalent through training, education, and other experience. SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.