Reporting to the Assistant Director of Human Resources & Faculty Affairs at Columbia University School of Nursing, the Human Resources & Faculty Affairs Coordinator will have responsibilities in the Office of Human Resources & Faculty Affairs and for the Vice Dean of Finance & Administration.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Handling recruiting responsibilities including entering open positions in the TalentLink (TL) website, posting positions on external job board sites & tracking costs, updating applicant statuses, processing background checks for potential candidates, completing hiring proposals, and tracking time to fill
- Ensuring that assigned faculty and staff are appropriately onboarded, including serving as point of contact, completing requisite paperwork, completing Template Based Hire via University systems
- Managing the additional compensation process for all Teaching Assistants and faculty from other University departments who do additional work for Nursing, including obtaining proper documentation and processing monthly payments
- Processing Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) for all employee transactions including pay increases, promotions, title changes, internal transfers, part-time faculty appointment renewals, terminations, medical/personal leaves, etc., and ensuring information is accurately processed in the PeopleSoft @ Columbia (PAC) system
- Coordinating the orientation program for new faculty and staff including scheduling presenters, updating presentation slides and managing all related logistics
- Managing internal documents and tracking systems to ensure information is up to date and accurate
- Working collaboratively with Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) Payroll, Central HR and the Office of Faculty Affairs to address & resolve employee changes & updates
- Managing the Vice Dean???s calendar, including arranging meetings & events, preparing reports, creating and/or editing presentations, and managing files
- Answering and screening phone calls and visitors for the Vice Dean of Finance & Administration
- Overseeing all HR-sponsored events (Holiday Party, Administrative Professionals Day, Bring Your Child to Work Day, etc.), including designing space layouts, booking caterers, researching & ordering supplies, and establishing & maintaining relationships with both internal & external vendors
- Performing other assignments, projects & responsibilities as needed and assigned
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus two (2) years of related experience.
Strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated and driven to success with a proactive work approach.
Must have the ability to handle multiple assignments while working accurately and efficiently and be a quick-learner who is not afraid to ask questions.
Outstanding organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Customer-service oriented and possess confidence and ability to work with all levels of faculty & staff.
Must be extremely detail-oriented and have the ability to handle information confidentially and professionally.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Previous work in a higher education environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.