Provides support for the administration of policies related to complaints of protected category discrimination and harassment, and related retaliation. Conduct investigations of complaints and provides a detailed, unbiased report regarding the findings of the investigation.
Assists in the development of programs and activities to support a culture of open inquiry, pluralism and mutual respect among students, faculty and staff
Position Specific Accountabilities
1. Exercises judgment regarding the resolution of complaints including informal resolution and formal investigation.
2. Conducts a prompt, equitable and impartial administration investigation into complaints including: explaining the processes to all parties, identifying and interviewing parties and identifying, gathering and assessing information relevant to the investigation; applying relevant policies and making findings of fact and/or recommendations for disposition of complaints or charges.
3. Ensures grievance procedures are implemented and followed.
4. Organizes and maintains files, disposition reports and other compiled records regarding complaints of protected class discrimination and harassment, and related retaliation, including preparation of annual descriptive reports of number and nature of complaints filed with Human Resources and disposition thereof.
5. Provides expertise regarding reporting, investigating and other obligations to University faculty and staff in the areas of protected category discrimination and harassment, and related retaliation. Continuously identifies and integrates investigation best practices and stays abreast of current movement in the field of investigations.
6. Assists in developing and implementing training programs and materials to educate the University community (faculty, staff, and students) regarding discrimination and harassment.
7. Assists in developing and implementing an assessment plan to monitor the community climate regarding discriminatory harassment.
8. Assists in research for the creating and/or updating University policies & procedures.
9. Provides general support to EEO Officer.
10. Other duties as required
Loyola Marymount University Expectations
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communication, Sociology, Higher Education, or related field. Possession of a Law Degree or Master's Degree in a relevant field may be substituted for one year of experience requirement. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of relevant regulation/policy changes.
* Minimum 3 years' experience conducting investigations and/or grievance procedures (informal and formal). EEO compliance and legal interpretation experience preferred. Experience in higher education highly desired.
* Excellent judgment with the ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information. Strong skills in conflict resolution. Strong analytical skills and the ability to assess and negotiate complex, highly sensitive situations. Exceptional critical thinking skills demonstrated by the ability to analyze information, evaluate results, and prepare concise, logical reports to convey complex issues. Strong and effective interpersonal skills; the ability to listen well and demonstrate sensitivity to and respect for individual needs.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community Loyola Marymount University requires that all students, faculty and staff are vaccinated or have been approved for a qualifying medical or religious exemption.
Founded in 1911, LMU is a premier Catholic university rooted in the Jesuit and Marymount traditions. Our enrollment includes 5,962 undergraduate, 2,129 graduate and 1,278 law school students. Our 142-acre bluff-top campus is located in West Los Angeles and is among the nation's most beautiful and green campuses.