The Processor will be responsible for data entry into the HR/Payroll system in a timely manner. The Processor will work closely with other departments to process transactions effectively and identify any errors. The Processor will provide backup support to the Receptionist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Manage the new hire onboarding process to include review of tax forms, direct deposit and payroll authorizations.
(2) Manage all transactional processes in the HRIS system ensuring accuracy of employment records.
(3) Assist with auditing HR data and resolving transactional issues.
(4) Assist with tracking physician notes.
(5) Record employee training and employee performance reviews in HR system.
(6) Provide front-line departmental support to include greeting visitors, answering phones, mail distribution, verification of employment and monitoring the HR email account.
(7) Serve as contact for the copier and facsimile machines, assisting individuals with problems and contacting the vendor when service and supplies are needed.
(8) Responsible for unemployment claims management.
(9) Process and maintain tuition waiver forms.
(10) Create employee identification numbers (T#’s) and disseminate as appropriate.
(11) Manage Form I-9 records to ensure compliance.
(12) Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in workflow efficiency.
(13) Build and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues & other University departments.
(14) Maintain and ensure the confidentiality of all University of Detroit Mercy Information
(15) Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Two to five years of experience
Associates degree, preferred Human Resources/Payroll experience Banner experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Attention to detail Excellent Problem Analysis Good written and oral communication skills Strong customer service skills Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Ability to Prioritize Strong organization skills Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Ability to inform others of information Strong Mathematical Skills
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.