Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Human Resources or designee, the Human Resources Representative is responsible for providing comprehensive human resources administrative support relating to the overall management of the Human Resources Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct onboarding of newly hired employees and enter new hire paperwork into the Banner system.
2. Conduct employment related background screenings and other related testing as required.
3. Verify I-9 documents and input immigration data, track and notify individuals with expiring documents of their employment status.
4. Maintain accurate records of active job openings and received applications; manage internal and external job postings.
5. Process employee verifications, unemployment claims, tuition waivers, tuition reimbursements and other related inquires.
6. Respond to inquiries regarding human resources forms, records, policies, procedures, and other related matters.
7. Handle routine office functions including the appointment and admission of visitors, telephone coverage, opening and distributing of mail, and referring inquiries to the appropriate areas.
8. Maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment and determine need for repair or replacement.
9. Keep abreast of changes in plan regulations, including federal and state laws regarding benefits, pensions, leave administration and all HR related matters.
10. Assist with managing, maintaining, cataloging, retrieving and archiving of human resources records.
11. Establish and maintain an accurate filing system.
12. Handle and/or manage sensitive information and, as such, strict confidentiality must be adhered to at all times.
13. Maintain strict confidentiality and security of student and staff records.
14. Prepare routine, special and ancillary reports as required.
15. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Associate's Degree.
2. Two years Human Resources experience.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulations with regards to employee entitlements.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of computerized record maintenance and management, preferably using the Banner system and Kronos.
5. Working knowledge of computer software applications, preferably the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
8. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
1. Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related area.
2. Two or more years' experience in Human Resources and/or employee benefits administration at a higher education institution.
3. Demonstrated ability to organize, analyze and establish priorities.
Essex County College is an open-door public access community college that is committed to providing quality educational programs and life-long learning opportunities at a very affordable cost. The College is open to students with a wide variety of backgrounds and abilities. We take pride in the richness of our diversity and our nurturing atmosphere, which encourages students who might not otherwise aspire to higher education to enroll and excel.