Do you want to be a part of a team of professionals who work together to provide patients with the best care possible? Do you want to work for the oldest, strongest and most trusted orthopedic group in Eastern Iowa? Do you want to help improve a great team and culture? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to talk to you about our HR leadership role.
This position features:
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision coverage and a 401k and profit-sharing plan!
- Monthly team meals provided and unlimited coffee, tea, and other beverages!
- Reimbursement for continuing education!
- Close (and free) parking!
- Fun team activities such as cookouts, happy hours, team outings and more!
The Human Resource Manager at Steindler is responsible for the daily operations of the Human Resource function including compliance with all applicable employment laws, oversight of payroll, recruiting, hiring, training, and retention of Steindler staff.
· Ensuring compliance with all state and federal laws as they pertain to labor, wages, employee rights, safety, etc.
· Provide Human Resources expertise, guidance and clarification to the Partners, Administration, Team Leaders and Team Members.
· Administer benefit programs and the open enrollment process.
· Partner with practice leaders on preparing job descriptions, employment policies, and procedures, employee notices, Employee Handbooks, and salary benchmarking and recommendations. Update and maintain standardize and administer all employee forms, handbooks, etc. and lead the adherence to company policies and procedures.
· Oversee staffing processes including but not limited to advertising, interviewing, reference verifications, background checks, and exit interviews.
· Coordinate the onboarding process for all new employees including developing a streamlined process, formalizing protocols and documents and ensuring completion of all mandatory background checks, drug screens, and OIG restriction verifications.
· Facilitate the Annual Team Member Review process.
· Developing and maintaining the exit process for all employees and physicians including streamlined processes, formalizing protocols, and creating documents/checklists.
· Create and implement team member training programs.
· Act as point person for all employee complaints/concerns, disciplinary items, and other actions that may be required to ensure employee engagement, compliance, and satisfaction.
· Provide performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
· Coach practice leaders on interviewing candidates which may include screening of resumes, first pass phone interviews, in person interviews and coordination to schedule on site interviews with leadership.
· Manage leaves of absence including FMLA, LOA, Military Leave, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and ensure that relevant paperwork is completed and returned timely to the appropriate parties.
· Monitor PTO allowances, requests, and balances.
· Create solutions for Team Members to improve work relationships, build team culture, increase productivity and retention.
· Oversee the processing of payroll.
· Collaborate with the Credentialing Department to create and streamline the onboarding process as it pertains to providers.
· Maintain accurate records and documentation to manage Unemployment Claims, in association with the Department of Labor. Prepare for and participate in Unemployment Hearings and Appeals.
· Act as the point of contact and source of truth for all demographic, tax and contact information for all employees and providers.
· Work closely with third-party administrators and web portal to assist in the administration of the 401k plan. Work alongside the CEO and with the Finance Department to fund the profit-sharing plan annually.
· Partner with the Administrative Services Manager to maintain Steindler team calendar of events. Plan and organize team activities.
· Schedule student and Physician Assistant job shadows and rotations.
· Provide key access within security system.
Significant HR Experience, preferably in Healthcare
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
HR certification preferred.
Computer Skills: proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, etc.