The HR Operations Specialist is the first point of contact for Managers and Employees at all levels of the organization, regarding HR policies, HR life cycle processes and Workday system questions or issues. He/she is responsible for answering and handling inbound calls and cases from internal customers on HR related issues, as well as redirect questions to other, appropriate HR resources such as Payroll, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, and Compensation & Benefits.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
Provide accurate, consistent and timely responses via telephone, Teams and HR case management system.
Ensure that every query is entered into the case management system & maintain customer contact until the case has been resolved
Support workforce administration processing, data input and verification of required documentation on the designated HR employee life cycle activity
Respond to and troubleshoot employee and manager-related workforce transactions and issues.
Direct employees and managers to the appropriate online support materials, reports, tools systems, and/or vendors, if applicable.
Escalate complex cases to other functions such as the Payroll Specialists, Benefits Administrator, Recruiter, Compensation analyst, HR Business Partner
Provide guidance and training on HR processes, workflow and relevant systems.
Update and maintain knowledge base FAQ's solutions and troubleshooting guides.
Manage workload efficiency to fulfil commitments in accordance with established service level agreements (SLA's).
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/ Human Resources or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
Ideally1-2 years HR Administration experience. Customer service experience is preferred.
Fluent English and Polish are a must.
Strong relationship management and customer service skills.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK