The HR Operations Specialist is the first point of contact for Managers and Employees at all levels of the organization, regarding HR policies, HR life cycle processes and Workday system questions or issues.
Key Activities & Accountabilities
Support workforce administration processing and verification of required documentation on the designated HR employee life cycle activity such as: employment contracts, termination letters, transfer letters, salary change notifications, employment testimonials, any other relevant addenda, on-boarding and off boarding.
Respond to and troubleshoot employee and manager-related workforce transactions and issues.
Direct employees and managers to the appropriate online support materials, reports, tools systems, and/or vendors, if applicable.
Provide guidance and training on HR processes, workflow and relevant systems.
Identify trends in customer issues and make recommendations for process improvement opportunities.
Manage and sometimes lead key projects that fall within the scope of HR Operations in partnership with relevant stakeholders.
Provide reporting support wherever required.
Fluent English and French/German is a must.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/ Human Resources or related field or equivalent relevant experience.
1-2 years of experience in HR Administration / international HR environment.
Strong in relationship management and focus on solving the internal customer problems.
Good communication skills, both written as well as spoken.
Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
Excellent problem-solving skills, with an ability to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively.
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK