Our company has been in operation over 50 years and continues to thrive and grow. As a result of that growth, we are looking to hire an HR Generalist to help support our employee population of over 300 employees in a manufacturing/office environment. We are looking for someone with a customer-service focus to provide support to a diverse employee population.
1. Ensures Company HR related policies are applied consistently and ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
2. Create and maintain a positive first impression for new hires by quickly responding to their needs; and maintain a high level of service for all employees throughout the employment life cycle.
3. Works with the HR Director to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues.
4. Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations; promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
5. Using an HRIS and electronic employee records, ensure employee records are up-to-date and confidential; act as the main point of contact for employee inquiries on HR-related topics.
6. Administer benefit plans to include working with vendors/broker to answer questions; assist employees with benefit-related questions/concerns; assist with open enrollment process
7. Assist with recruitment; review applications and conduct phone interviews to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
8. Assist with onboarding and employee referral program.
9. Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, (i.e., time to hire, employee turnover rates).
10. Participate and assist with the Annual Performance Appraisal process.
11. Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the HR Director for corrective action and continuous improvement.
12. Ensure processes associated with payroll, new hires, transfers, and terminations are accurate and up to date.
13. Respond to verifications of employment in a timely manner.
14. Assist with the unemployment process, including responding to claims, appeals, and participating in hearings.
15. Build relationships with employees and management team in order to better support the company and the employees.
16. Prioritize, organize, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
17. Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
1. Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources or related field required; PHR or SHRM-CP designation preferred
2. Minimum of 3 years’ human resource generalist experience
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Bi-lingual preferred
2. Must have good understanding of employment law, both Federal and State
3. Understands and able to apply parameters of labor issues including FMLA, ADA, HIPAA, and Leaves of Absence
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Outlook
5. Must have good customer service skills
6. Ability to collaborate with others in a multidisciplinary team environment