Saint Ann’s School, an independent, non-sectarian day school enrolling 1090 students in pre-kindergarten through high school, seeks a part-time assistant to help support the Human Resources Department. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively deal with multiple priorities, functions, and activities.
The Human Resources Assistant is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
ABOUT SAINT ANN’S SCHOOL
Since its founding in 1965, Saint Ann’s has embraced a commitment to education for its own sake, oriented to the capacities of each individual student, free of the encumbrances of formal grading, prizes, and rankings. At the same time, we are unabashedly committed to excellence in all that we do. With a faculty and staff numbering more than 300 and 1090 students, Saint Ann’s is among the largest and most sought-after independent schools in New York City. Occupying space in seven separate buildings clustered in Brooklyn Heights, Saint Ann’s draws most of its students from nearby Brooklyn neighborhoods as well as Manhattan. Known for its commitment to an education that brings together passionate and talented teachers with gifted and motivated students, Saint Ann’s has earned an outstanding reputation in academic disciplines and the arts.
• Assist the HR Associate with the onboarding process
• Ensure SafeSchools training, background checks, and other required activities are completed by employees.
• Maintain electronic and help digitize paper HR files
• Assist the HR Associate with administering the HRIS
• Assist the HR Manager with processing Open Enrollment benefit changes
• Manage employee information in Veracross
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with level of experience.
Please e-mail a resume along with a cover letter to HR@saintannsny.org. Only applications with cover letters will be considered.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY
The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin or sexual orientation in carrying on its educational activities or in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies, financial aid programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
• 1 – 3 years’ experience in Human Resources
• Bachelor’s degree required
• High proficiency working with Microsoft Office
• High level of organization skills with an attention to detail and deadlines
• Customer service orientation
• Experience in independent schools and/or non-profit organizations a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environ