Germanna Community College is a two-year public institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. As a comprehensive community college, Germanna provides quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities for the residents of the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania and Stafford.
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities. Germanna Community College is centrally located in Fredericksburg, VA between Washington D.C. and Richmond and between the Blue Ridge mountains and the Chesapeake Bay. Full of history, the area offers a community rich with diversity, the arts, technology, vineyards, hiking, canoeing/kayaking and many other activities.</br></br>
Germanna Community College, one of the fastest growing community colleges in Virginia is seeking a qualified Human Resource Generalist to provide excellent human resources (HR), wellness. benefits and training services to college employees. This position assists the Associate Vice President of Human Resources by consulting with faculty, staff and administrators in all areas of Human Resources with a focus on Benefit Management, Compensation, Employee Relations, Training and Workforce Planning.</br></br>
Major Duties and Responsibilities:</br></br>
* Consults with and provides guidance for employee compensation to managers, administrators and employees regarding the appropriate and effective application of a wide variety of federal, state and college policies and procedures.</br></br> * Administers the agency's benefits program for all faculty and staff. Coordinates annual wellness and benefits fair.</br></br> * Counsels managers, administrators on employee relations and cultural competence issues. Provides feedback and recommendations to successfully resolve conflicts of a variety of human resource issues</br></br> * Coordinates performance management</br></br> * Conducts new hire orientations to ensure an effective transition and acclimation of new hires. Works with a team to administer the onboarding system.</br></br>
This position is open until filled.
The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all Executive Branch employees, including new hires, rehires or transfers to disclose their vaccination status upon hire. Disclosure of vaccination status (and for those fully vaccinated, proof of vaccination) will be required on your first day of work. If you are not vaccinated for any reason or choose not to disclose your vaccination status, you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 once per week on an indefinite basis. If you have questions, please contact the Human Resources Office.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values of Germanna Community College. We recognize our responsibility to create, maintain, and nurture an academic and social environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas. We are committed to being an inclusive community that respects all cultures, experiences, and abilities and that prepares individuals to thrive in a global society.</br></br> An EEO Employer</br></br>
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent HR experience.</br></br>
* Experience in working with a diverse population</br></br>
* Knowledge of HR functions and best practices </br></br>
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills</br></br>
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and virtual meeting software; preferably Zoom</br></br>
Virginia's Community College's educate 240,000 credit students annually and over 170,000 non-credit students at 23 Community Colleges with over 40 campus locations throughout the Commonwealth. Our mission is to provide comprehensive higher education and workforce training programs and services of superior quality. These programs are financially and geographically accessible to meet the individual, business, and community needs of the Commonwealth.