Who we are: BAL is a team of brilliant people who change lives through elite immigration work and collaborative innovation. We pursue the exceptional in all that we do, but never at the expense of our values. There’s no denying our work is demanding, both in volume and pace, but we’re up for the challenge. We love the balance of hard work and fun – so, you’ll see us in jeans as we shatter glass ceilings and conventional stereotypes. BAL employees feel valued, rewarded, and respected. We seek opportunities to be of service to others and our communities. We are committed to your growth and development, and want to set you up for success here at BAL and beyond.
Who you are:You are looking for work that has purpose. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. You learn quickly. You move fast. You embrace challenge and detail as well as creative thinking. You believe you have something unique to contribute and you aren’t afraid to raise your hand. You understand that powering human achievement is ultimately about impacting a real person. You are looking for a place to grow and an environment where everyone has a spot and is genuinely welcome.
We’re better together: A bright, driven person like you and an industry-leading powerhouse like BAL? It’s a perfect combination! We truly want to see you succeed here and become an integral part of our mission to provide an experience that makes a positive difference in people’s lives. Come be a part of something special, where you can have an impact and be valued just for being you!
The Human Resources Generalist will serve as a subject matter expert/advisor in HR related matters including employee relations, policies & procedures and will coordinate/administer various aspects of the organization's human resources programs. The incumbent will assist the Senior Manager, Human Resources to develop programs and initiatives covering multiple HR activities and will assist with communicating these initiatives and programs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Human Resources):
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Review and update human resources policies to ensure compliance with state law, federal regulations, etc. Develop and recommend new policies as necessitated by changes in Federal and/or state laws.
• Educate and coach managers on human resources policies, as well as applicable federal and state regulations, to ensure fair and consistent delivery of human resources services.
• Research and recommend HR best practice concepts to ensure that the organization is utilizing leading edge human resources technology and proactively considering new strategies.
• Responsible for conducting New Employee Orientation and required paperwork.
• Advise supervisors and management on matters related to employee coaching and disciplinary procedures, problem resolution process and termination of employees.
• Provide advice and counsel to employees regarding employee relations issues as well as discuss appropriate actions and alternatives.
• Conduct and manage investigation processes in regard to Employee Relations issues, manage employee relations documentation and metrics.
• Facilitate pre-disciplinary meetings as needed between employee and manager; serve as a resource to both employee and manager.
• Prepare termination paperwork and process terminations as needed. Conduct employee exit interviews.
• Assist the Senior Manager, Human Resources with the performance management process. Coach and counsel on job performance, employee development and diversity related issues.
• Manage the Spot Bonus program, 9/80 Alternative Work Week and assist with various other HR programs and initiatives.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES (Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Human Resources):
• Oversee the HR group email box and ensure that inquiries are responded and actioned in a timely manner.
• Communicate personnel changes to other departments including payroll and IT.
• Assist the Senior Manager, Human Resources with ad hoc reporting.
• 1 - 2 years of experience in a Human Resources role.
Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of Federal and State employment laws.
• Knowledge of Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal tactfully with sensitive information.
• Commitment to high level of customer service and maintaining the integrity of the
Human Resources Department.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, research and documentation skills.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects.
• Excellent client service skills.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Internal Number: 2020-3445
About Berry Apleman & Leiden , LLP
BAL is a global firm singularly focused on meeting the immigration challenges of corporate clients around the world in ways that make immigration more strategic and clients more successful.
BAL employs a uniquely holistic approach, combining an incredibly deep knowledge of immigration laws with an incredibly strategic understanding of our clients’ challenges and requirements. We apply process and technology to deliver more efficient and compliant solutions. And we approach every interaction—with each company and each of their employees — with an unwavering commitment to service.