Human Resources Department
- Provide day-to-day administrative support for the Human Resources department, including maintaining HR files and documentation, assisting with benefits enrollment, and answering frequently asked questions from applicants and employees.
- Support the full recruitment cycle for employees including advertising open positions, coordinating interviews, and assisting with new hire orientation.
- Assist with developing a diverse workforce by seeking out new avenues for recruitment and helping to develop processes to ensure a fair and inclusive recruitment cycle.
- Lead employee engagement activities including creating a weekly internal newsletter, planning internal social events, and planning a monthly “Academy spotlight” series.
- Encourage employee wellness by providing timely resources and information.
- Assist with employee professional development, including processing professional development fund requests, and researching training opportunities for staff.
- Support the work of the Academy’s Diversity & Inclusion Council, especially as it relates to recruiting and employee engagement.
- As needed, research best practices and conduct benchmarking projects.
- Expand knowledge of HR field through participation in webinars and trainings.
- Other projects and duties as required.
General Office Support
- As needed, and based on availability, provide administrative and project support to other departments, including Finance, Membership Information & Elections, the Chief Operating Officer, and Information Technology.
- Process supply orders for employees and assist with distribution of materials.
- Assist the Finance Department with general filing, scanning, and other financial processes, maintaining the electronic deposit log sheet and assisting with Accounts Payable when needed.
- Proactively identify opportunities to develop processes for improved efficiency, coordination, and communication.
In-Office Responsibilities (when the Academy returns to in-person work, the HR and Operations Assistant will also be responsible for the following):
- Process mail and packages, provide reception coverage, and ensuring the office and supply rooms are stocked and kept in an orderly fashion.
- Provide occasional logistical support for on-site events, including the annual Induction ceremony.
Reports to: Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development