Make a difference in Human Resources! An exceptional health system needs to engage top talent to achieve its mission of providing extraordinary healthcare. That requires a world-class Human Resources function, and that's what we're delivering. Join us and make a difference every single day in service of this outstanding work - excellence and innovation in patient care, research, and community service. We're improving our technology, energizing interpersonal climate, facilitating change, and enabling talent. The healthcare industry is exciting! Cedars-Sinai Human Resources is pursuing outstanding service and support for a hardworking workforce passionate about those challenges, engaged in their work, and deft in their ability to adapt to the constantly evolving environment!
The Recruiting & Onboarding Associate (ROA) is responsible for executing a complex onboarding process for clinical and nonclinical new hires, promotions and transfers for the organization as well as offer subject matter expertise to audit data, educate employees and leaders who have questions about recruitment, requisition and onboarding processes. The ROA will be the primary point of contact for new hire and transferring candidates during the onboarding process, while also serving as a liaison for the hiring department, Talent Advisor and multiple departments inside and outside of HR; and will be responsible for establishing expectations and processes to ensure the orderly and timely flow of onboarding. Responsible for establishing expectations, stakeholder engagement and coordination of tasks related to various projects and programs within the department. The ROA also delivers excellent customer service to employees at all levels of the organization and multitasks to execute a variety of tasks within the technical platforms to ensure timely and compliant hiring.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinate onboarding process which includes initiating and monitoring background checks, drug screens, employee health screens. Perform a variety of verification processes for licensure, certification, education, as well as coordinate all other onboarding items to ensure efficient and compliant hiring for the organization. Ensure all stakeholders are engaged and responsive to meet onboarding deadlines.
* Provide tier 2 technical support for the organization's internal and external careers sites, the applicant tracking system and the HR service portal. Provide education to internal HR staff, Managers and Employees regarding policies and procedures pertaining to the recruitment and onboarding process.
* Coordinate interview scheduling for key stakeholders, interfacing with candidates and department staff as well as, ensure a positive experience for candidates, new hires and clients.
* Create new employee records in employee database which includes modifying information to ensure data integrity. Collect and/or ensure that all new hire and recruitment documentation has been received, completed accurately and is timely.
* Coordinate the position code creation process, auditing requisition request data, monitoring approval process and preparing requisitions for talent advisors. * Ensure sensitive information remains confidential and protect personal information when processing recruitment transactions and addressing employee, candidate or new hire inquiries, in line with the organizations data privacy requirements. Ensure compliance with departmental practices, applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
* Liaise between multiple departments including HR teams both inside and outside of the Service Center offering subject matter expertise.
* Serve as main point of contact for various departmental programs and/or processes as assigned
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major t...eaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.