1) Coordinate the staffing process by creating and updating job descriptions, posting positions, reviewing applications, scheduling interviews, closing requisitions, interviewing applicants, and maintaining hiring documentation
2) Initiate, complete and submit end-to-end processing of new hires, including all onboarding paperwork, orientation, training, and completed personnel files
3) Support HR Business Partners with ongoing training initiatives, compliance matters, feedback, engagement initiatives and ongoing communication designed to add organizational value
4) Develop and maintain metrics, benchmarks and ad hoc reports applying analysis to proactively solve problems and turn ideas into action
5) Manage HRIS data management activities, including Workday and FAS transactions ensuring data integrity and compliance
6) Adhere to and advise others on personnel policies and procedures
1) Ability to foster a culture of inclusion by appreciating and respecting diversity
2) Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to drive operational excellence and optimization
3) Ability to contribute to an environment where teams are highly motivated and committed to achieve organizational strategies
4) Act with purpose to build talent infrastructure to achieve results
5) Ability to partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
1) Bachelorâ™s degree in human resources, organizational development, international business or related field.
1) Experience in Human Resources, preferably in medical center or academic environment
2) Experience with, or knowledge of, employment law
3) Experience with core HR processes including talent acquisition, retention, development or engagement
4) Demonstrated experience delivering high quality HR services
5) Experience using and applying data and analytics to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills to design and implement appropriate solutions
6) Strong facilitation, influencing and conflict resolution skills
7) MS Office experience
8) Workday HRIS experience
9) Social Recruiting experience
2) Cover letter preferred
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08921
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.