At Tilton School, we believe in unlocking the potential of each student. And because we believe teaching happens in every aspect of campus life, we value every employee as an essential member of our team. Together, we build a community that promotes mutual respect, diversity, equity, and inclusion, creating a home where all students and adults can learn, thrive, and contribute.
Tilton School, founded in 1845, is an independent, co-educational, college preparatory boarding and day school. Despite the school’s long history, we have an innovative aninventive culture defined by a sense of enterprise and agility.
Tilton School seeks a full-time, exempt, year-round Human Resource Manager to join the Tilton School Community.
• Assures School’s compliance with all federal and state laws concerning human resource management, benefits, payroll, wage & hour, and personnel (including but not limited to ACA, EPSLA, FFCRA, FLSA, FMLA)
• Responsible for payroll functions, including bi-weekly payroll processing for approximately 70 employees and maintenance of personnel files
• Oversees the effective implementation of human resources programs including required/appropriate training, wellness initiatives, and benefits administration
• Coordinates recruitment activity with all departments as needed and the preparation and maintenance of appropriate job descriptions
• Trains eligible faculty/staff on benefits and assists with payroll/benefit questions
• Participates as a member of the safety committee representing employee safety
• Administers worker's compensation claims
• Analyzes existing policies, practices, and programs and suggests improvements
• Attends meetings relevant to HR benefit plans, compliance and policy development
• Advises supervisors as needed to ensure employee evaluations are completed annually
This is a full-time, exempt, year-round position with benefits.
At Tilton School, all persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard for race, religion, natural origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by state or federal law. The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by state or federal law in the administration of employment practices or procedures, promotion, or application of employee policies and benefits.
For more information about Tilton School, please visit our web site.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years of experience in Human Resources
• Strong computer skills preferred
• Certification in Human Resources preferred
• Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now or other web-based payroll software preferred
• Criminal background and driver’s license record check required
About Tilton School
Tilton School, founded in 1845, is an independent college preparatory boarding and day school located in New Hampshire’s Lakes Region with an enrollment of 257 boys and girls in grades nine through postgraduate. Our mission is to challenge students to embrace and navigate a world marked by diversity and change. Central to Tilton School’s culture is a belief in the “power of potential.” In a close-knit community of students, faculty, staff, and administration, Tilton’s unique educational program challenges students to discover, develop and advance their personal strengths and passions, while gaining the skills, knowledge, and values essential to personal and professional success. Students are challenged in all facets of life on campus with appropriately high standards and a rigorous curriculum requiring them to be active participants. Class sizes are small, averaging 12 students, with a student-faculty ratio of 6 to 1. Students are encouraged to reach their full potential outside of the classroom through strong programs in athletics, arts, theater, extracurricular offerings, and student leadership positions. Tilton School’s 160-acre campus includes a new state-of-the-art academic building, a new senior girls’ dormitory, and extensive athletic facilities.