- Establishes operational goals, objectives, work plans and delegates assignments through subordinate managers that align with the University of California's mission.
- Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing resources in these two work streams of the production department: Benefits and Workforce Administration (and payroll as it interfaces with these areas).
- Monitors and analyzes the current areas of production to ensure effectiveness, and works out a strategy for improving when necessary.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the director for programs and projects. Individual is involved in developing, modifying and executing organizational practices and policies that affect immediate operations and may also have organization wide effect.
- Implements initiatives in the work streams that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
20% - Supervision and development of staff, which includes Payroll Managers, Workforce Administration Manager, and Benefits Manager.
40% - Serve as a key administrative officer for UCPath Center's operations, oversees analysis and policy and procedure development for issues and processes within the Production department. Develops, analyzes, modifies, and executes organizational policies, procedures and practices which affect and impact the immediate operation(s). Serves as a subject matter expert on Production's practices for the UCPath Center.
40% - Administers services typically including all or most of the following functions: HR, Benefits and Payroll; UCPath Center processes human resources, benefits, and payroll transactions that will produce payrolls for over 200,000 employees. Acquires deep expertise on human resources, benefits and payroll subject matters. Involved administrative or operational matters and ensures achievement of objectives that have department-wide impact and organization-wide impact. May maintain production departmental budget.