1) Supports staff and academic hiring processes.Â Interacts with the BSD and Central HR Offices and the BSD Office of Academic Affairs for this.
2) Processes job postings for faculty and other academic appointments.
3) Â In consultation with EA and Grants financial person assists in the development and administration of the HR budget for the department.
4) Helps monitor building access to Abbott Hall, the Crerar library, SBRI J100 and the Keck Pavilion and provides new lab personnel with keys and Medical Center/BSD IDs.
5) This job is 75% HR Responsibilities and 25% assistance with pre-award to the grant administrator during down time.
1) Some familiarity with WorkDay and Interfolio.
2) Ability to work with multiple projects and occasionally to work under pressure
2) Cover Letter
3) Contact information for (3) professional reference
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08076
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.