Duck River Electric Membership Corporation seeks a detail-oriented person with an in-depth working knowledge of Human Resources that can and will negotiate successful outcomes to complex issues by problem solving, relationship building, overall leadership, time management, advanced listening, and organizational skills.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the successful creation and implementation of programs and services to support the employees of DREMC, including but not limited to training, education, and effective benefit administration services to comply with all state, federal, and regulatory requirements with accuracy, efficiency and excellence. This position is also responsible for the quality of deliverables and programs administered by 2 to 5 Human Resources professionals.
Education — An undergraduate degree in an applicable discipline is required.
Experience — 5 or more years of relevant Human Resources experience in utilities, utility contractors, or related experience is required.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates and/or licenses relevant to Human Resources, Applicable Law, Certified Human Resource credentials are preferred. (TVPPA, NRECA, etc.) This individual will provide proof of or obtain the TVPPA Utility Human Resources (UHR) Certification
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — The candidate will immediately, and consistently, demonstrate and deliver the following attributes:
- In-depth, working knowledge of labor law, applicable federal and state requirements relevant to all DREMC positions - Extremely driven individual who delivers excellence and inspires it from others
- Electric utility best practices for human resource policies and program administration
- Phenomenal listening skills with high observation prowess
- Influential public speaking skills and ability to engage a variety of audiences
- Ability to consistently achieve multiple deadlines with ownership of the process and results achieved therein
About Duck River Electric
Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes quality electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for 77,500 members through 6,200 miles of line.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V