Under limited supervision, responsible for providing advice and leadership to leaders and staff. The HR Partner will collaborate with various internal customers and stakeholders to help lead and drive change management, leadership development, workforce strategy, strategic staffing, organizational design, talent development, employee engagement, and employee relations. The HR Partner formulates effective partnerships across the Schools and the HR department to deliver value-added services to management and employees.
1. Consults with management, providing HR guidance and interpretation when appropriate.
2. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HRIS to develop solutions, programs and policies/procedures.
3. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
4. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
5. Works closely with management and employees to improve working relationship, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
6. Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
7. Supervises a team of HR Generalists who are are deployed in departments across the University.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field is required.
Seven (7) years of professional (exempt) level HR experience is required. Must have experience in employee relations and be knowledgeable of employment law.
Internal Number: 20000130
About UT Health San Antonio
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (UT Health San Antonio) is a comprehensive and leading academic center in South Texas. Because of the efforts of the faculty, staff and students and our community partners, collaborations and partnerships are essential to our success. Our ambition is for UT Health San Antonio to be recognized among the elite academic health centers in the world to transform health and health care for a diverse society.