University of South Carolina Upstate Spartanburg, SC
The Human Resources Specialist will assist in the faculty and staff job/vacancy recruitment process, and hiring services for the University. Provide human resource support and consultation to ensure consistent compliance with state and federal laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the staff job vacancy recruitment process. Provide managers with guidelines, policies and procedures. Prepare and publish vacancy advertisements in addition to posting vacancy information on the Human Resources Website. Train hiring managers in the process of the online (PeopleAdmin) applicant system and provide guidance through the hiring process. Create hiring proposals for classified and unclassified FTE staff positions. Prepare post offer memo's and corresponding documentation.
- Prepare faculty postings in coordination with Academic Affairs. Prepare posting reports including documentation regarding faculty searches. Provides EEO reports to Academic Affairs. Add search committee members to posting.
- Assists general public, applicants and hiring with questions regarding a position posting. Activates applications as needed.
- Coordinate with Human Resources access needed to the online (PeopleAdmin) applicant system, e.g. granting accounts, and general problem solving.
- Assist Human Resources with special projects.
- Updates files for record retention and updates internal tracking reports. Assist classification and compensation in position description updates. Serve as back-up for classification and compensation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Advertised Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree. A successful background check is required.
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Internal Number: 66867
About The University of South Carolina
The University of South Carolina System is comprised of the state’s flagship university in Columbia (founded in 1801 and currently one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report), three regional comprehensive universities (USC Aiken, USC Beaufort and USC Upstate), and Palmetto College consisting of four two-year campuses (USC Lancaster, USC Salkehatchie, USC Sumter, USC Union and Fort Jackson/Extended University). Together, the USC System institutions offer more than 450 degree programs on campus and online and are uniquely positioned to meet the state’s educational, cultural, health and research needs. The System employs nearly 14,000 people who work daily to improve the lives of students, fellow South Carolinians and the world. Our diverse engaged faculty and staff enjoy a dynamic and intellectually stimulating work environment.