1) Develop, communicate, implement, and document Human Resource processes and policies to align with the broader HR Community and HR Centers of Expertise
2) Ensure compliance with UChicago Human Resources policies and broader national and state employment laws and regulations
3)Â Develop and implement unit specific policies
4)Â Work with HR-Compensation and HR-Recruitment to classify positions, create and post requisitions, determine and implement sourcing strategies, initiate and follow up on background checks, fill requisitions, and properly disposition candidates
5)Â Develop position descriptions using Job Architecture to ensure compliance
6)Â Work with Senior Leadership to ensure titling is consistent and clear
7)Â Draft offer letters
8)Â Manage the onboarding process, including completing and submitting new hire paperwork as well as orienting new staff employees
9)Â Oversight of the units performance management process (goal setting, assessing and rewarding, performance managementÂ reports)
10) Work with managers in their efforts to assess the competencies of their staff, addressing possible gaps with individualized training, online or in person training,
11) Provide guidance and recommendations on leadership development plans
12) Guide managers in addressing performance issues, documentation requirements, and development of performance improvement plans, if necessary
13) Support staff in resolving HR issues, provide direction on available tools and websites that can be used to resolve this issues independently
14) Ensure the units adhere to labor agreements for union employees
1) Expertise and the ability to apply HR principles required for recruiting/staffing, and employee relations
2) Demonstrated skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures to define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns, identify patterns and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recommend alternatives and their implications
3) Excellent oral and written communication skills with diverse audiences, including faculty, colleagues, managers, etc.
4) Proven skills and abilities in conflict resolution
5) Self-starter and able to work independently as well as collaboratively as a part of a team
6) Meet deadlines consistently
1) Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field
2) Human Resource Management certification or willingness to become certified
1) Workday or other HRIS system
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact List
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06381
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.