1) Review appointment documents & contracts for current andÂ newÂ Lecturers, Teachers, and Instructor information into Workday for Graham and UCPE
2)Â Forward appropriate documentation for the Lecturers, Teachers, and InstructorsÂ to the Provost's OfficeÂ Academic Affairs Office for their review and approval
3) Establish and maintainÂ all Lecturers, Teachers and Instructors profiles inÂ Workday and within Google Doc
4)Â Monitor completion of onboarding and background checks, send reminders as needed
5)Â Process ad hocÂ payroll for Lecturers, Teachers and InstructorsÂ each month
6) Time approver for teachers, hourly temp staff, and edits for regular staff
7)Â Send out quarterly reminders regarding contract due dates for lecturers and instructors
8)Â Establish UChicago ID's for new temp staff
9)Â Initiate background checks
10) Respond and resolve any queries regarding payroll issues
11) Extend and/or bridge IT accounts
12) Pick up and mail biweekly and monthly paychecks
13) Sort and file contracts by term
14) Reconcile payroll
15) Update Workday information upon receipt of new/updated contracts
1) Extensive knowledge of Workday
2) Travel from the Hyde Park Campus to the Gleacher Center Campus
3) Strong organizational skills
4)Â Excellent attention to detail
5)Â Interact and communicate with clarity, tact, and courtesy
1) Bachelors degree or higherÂ in Human Resources, Business Management or other related field
1) Experience in Human Resources in an academic setting
2) Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality HR services
3) Workday HRIS experience
4) Understanding of the process for hiringÂ non-traditional academics, contracting terms and conditions, temporary help, students and staffÂ
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06372
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.