Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers. Target Human Resources is well known for its signature ability to build the very best teams, and we infuse our work with Target’s distinctive retail brand by continuously experimenting, evolving and innovating. With the chance to positively impact nearly 350,000 people worldwide in our stores, distribution centers and headquarters, you’ll be a strategic partner to both the leaders and the team members who elevate and nurture the Target guest experience. Our dynamic, passionate and responsive team comprises specialized people-professionals from several diverse disciplines. We operate behind the scenes to create a progressive culture of value, respect, reward and professional advancement.
As a Senior HR Manager you will be a key strategic partner for leadership within the HR function and a valuable resource for team members. Whether through onboarding, performance management, or giving leaders and team members the guidance that they need to be successful, you will be a knowledgeable and committed resource. You’ll make a positive impact on how team members experience organizational change, and you’ll use information and close partnership with leaders to build the teams that achieve their specific business goals.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
As a Senior HR Manager, you'll take the lead as you…
• Strategize with the business by operating as a business analyst and can translate pyramid objectives into talent implications
• Lead, influence, support, and facilitate organizational change and communication
• Consult with the business by understanding how to align and integrate people with business needs through organization design and talent development
• Act as a coach, trusted partner and confidant who understands when and how to share information in the best interests of people and the business
• Assess and develop talent
• Collaborate with human resources partners to lead the communication and implementation of human resources cyclical processes including Talent Planning, Annual Merit, Performance Review Process and Best Team Survey
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
Four-year degree or equivalent experience
6+ years of human resources experience
Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
Ability to navigate complex and ambiguous situations with confidence and resilience
Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to relate messages to all levels of the organization
Previous HR Generalist experience preferred
About Target Corporation
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at nearly 1,800 stores and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit to communities, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information, visit Target.com/Pressroom. For a behind-the-scenes look at Target, visit ABullseyeView.com or follow @TargetNews on Twitter.