Job ID: 2019-6328 Type: Human Resources (WS1538) # of Openings: 1 Category: Human Resources New York University
As part of the HR Strategy & Solutions Center team of human resources professionals supporting clients within NYU’s administrative units and the Global Academic Sites, the HR Business Partner works closely with client leadership, HR Centers of Expertise, and business owners to develop innovative solutions and lead initiatives that enhance organizational effectiveness, drive talent strategies, and contribute to the achievement of NYU's vision and mission.
The HR Business Partner serves not only as client account manager to ensure the effective delivery of a full range and scope of human resources services for one or more client groups, but also serves as trusted advisor to senior clients and others on sensitive and/or critical issues that pertain to people and related matters, including:
• Organizational and workforce planning, job design, and change management
• Performance and career planning management
• Compensation and pay strategies
• Employee coaching and development strategies
• Guidance on collective bargaining agreements and other legal and policy considerations.
To meet these objectives most optimally, the HR Business Partner must successfully:
• Assess and diagnose root cause issues and develop relevant solutions to address identified issues, themes and/or gaps, and partner with key resources (internally and externally) to deliver highly effective solutions which directly support and drive necessary business outcomes.
• Contribute to strategy and plan development by supporting University leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational climate, capabilities, behaviors, structures and processes.
• Ensure high quality delivery of fundamental HR services through meaningful metrics, reports, dashboards, and continuous process improvement, and be a highly ethical, visible member of client and HR leadership teams.
• Be able to understand and leverage a broad range of HR and client organizational knowledge for action planning, issue prevention and strategic initiative implementation.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Required Experience: 8-10 Years relevant experience as a human resources generalist in a professional environment or managerial capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 2+ years Experience working in a global environment or with some countries in addition to experience in the US
Preferred Experience: •Professional-level human resources experience as a human resources generalist in an academic and union environment.
•Experience in an OD, training/development or related role supporting multiple, diverse business units.
•Experience consulting with business leaders to develop human and organizational capacity in support of business strategies.
•Experience working in a team environment to provide services.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: • Solid understanding of a client-facing, HR business partner service model. Strong consultative, negotiation, analytical and influencing skills . Superior relationship management and communication abilities.
• Very strong diagnostics/assessment and action planning capability.
• Proven ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and manage diverse resources.
• Extensive client support and strategic/tactical planning experience.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of all areas of HR; content expert in at least 3 of the following core areas: talent management/acquisition, training/development, organizational effectiveness/development, compensation strategy and design, strategic planning, metrics/analytics, project/program management.
• Well-developed planning, analytical, interpersonal, and negotiating skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• General business acumen including working knowledge of strategic planning, marketing, finance, and operations management.
• Broad knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, legislation, and procedures, and their linkage to business strategy.
• Ability to develop and interpret policies and procedures, to interact effectively with a diverse population at all levels, and to facilitate decision making. Knowledge of standard software.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Human Resources Certification (SHRM or other accredited certificate program) and working knowledge of HRIS/HRMS Systems.
Founded in 1831, New York University is now one of the largest private universities in the United States. Of the more than 3,000 colleges and universities in America, New York University is one of only 60 member institutions of the distinguished Association of American Universities.