Morgan Stanley is one of the world's largest diversified financial services companies, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale. The firm maintains leading market positions in its three primary businesses – securities, investment management and credit services. With more than 1200 offices in 41 countries, Morgan Stanley connects people, ideas and capital to help clients achieve their financial aspirations.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Firm Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining talented individuals and positioning them to excel. Our HR professionals provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an Executive Assistant in a busy and demanding environment. The successful candidate will provide senior level support to the International Head of HR and a small number of senior team members.
The successful candidate will need to have previous secretarial experience working for senior business leaders. Experience of working in a global organisation and multi time zones, would also be of benefit in this role.
The role requires a self-motivated, positive, dynamic and pro-active individual who can adapt in an ever-changing environment and who will constantly seek to adopt best practices and efficiencies. We are looking for professionals who are highly organised, efficient, and work to a consistently high standard. They will also need to be an excellent team player and be flexible in their approach.
- Pro-actively manage constantly changing schedules; prioritising time sensitive tasks and meetings, pre-empting conflicting requests to ensure optimum use of senior management time.
- Providing general administrative support for the organisation of meetings, workshops, conferences, team meetings. Booking and preparing the room, ensuring all requirements are met.
- Occasional overseas travel management; planning and organising trips, arranging complex schedules and meeting itineraries.
- Manage and process expense claims for senior management group in a timely manner, ensuring all claims are within Firm policy and accounts payable deadlines are met.
- Assisting and supporting visitors to the London office. Plan and organise the provision of an office for the visitor. Manage and co-ordinate the visitors schedule including meetings, lunch and dinner arrangements. Offer full admin support during the visit.
- Meeting and greeting clients and visitors to the Firm.
- Devising and maintaining intuitive office systems, including data management, filing, processes etc.
- Point of contact for all administrative queries within your business area.
- Ensuring accurate organisation charts are prepared and uploaded on a monthly basis.
- Providing broader support when required.
Skills required (essential)
- Pro-activity and Initiative: Always strive to ensure the most efficient service for both the client and the Firm. Think commercially; is there a better more efficient way to do something? Offering pro-active administrative guidance and support to the team, improving processes, introducing new ideas, seeking feedback.
- Teamwork: Ability to work well within a team environment, providing assistance when required.
- Attention to detail: Works to a consistently high standard. Checks understanding and seeks feedback.
- Professionalism: Good telephone manner, professionally presented at all times, displays confidence, has respect for others views and opinions.
- Willingness and Flexibility: Offers help and support where needed, can flex style to suit surroundings and needs of the business.
- Planning and control: Highly organised and has the ability to multi-task, prioritise and works well under pressure. Needs ability to multi task and anticipate problems or conflicts arising where possible and seek alternative options.
- Responsive: Delivers in a timely manner, can prioritise and manage workloads appropriately.
- Integrity and confidentiality: Displays discretion at all times, ensuring all sensitive data is kept completely confidential. Demonstrates sound judgment and raises any concerns that may arise.
- Good Communicator: Clear and concise, both verbally and written. Manages expectations; keeps stakeholders appraised of progress and status.
- Good understanding of the business: Demonstrates a good understanding of the business, able to distinguish priorities and therefore manage diaries, conflicts, requests and agendas accordingly.
- Excellent IT skills: To be of intermediate to advanced level in all core applications: Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Outlook, Visio.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 6115617
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.