1) Processes all HRIS transactions, including (but not limited to): Recruiting, hiring, & onboarding processes; Processing all pay changes, including promotions and the Annual Compensation Review; Managing Time & Attendance; Terminating Employment.
2) Files all HR forms.
3) Supports with administering leaves of absence.
4) Supports with HR Policy development related to Time & Attendance, as needed.
5) Supports with training Hiring Managers on the Workday Applicant Tracking System, as needed.
6) Supports with ensuring employees receive notifications related to compliance.7) Responds to candidate inquiries related to employment opportunities at Urban Labs.
8) Assists with the employee recruitment process by posting job announcements on internal and external job boards. Posts job announcements on the Urban Labs careers website, as needed.
9) Prepares for career fairs, and as needed, attends career fairs.
10) Schedules interviews for hiring managers, as needed.
11) Completes phone screens and employment reference checks, as needed.
12) Supports with extending recruitment outreach efforts.
13) Supports with the development of the Urban Labs onboarding program.
14) Facilitates pre-hire onboarding, including setting up a Payroll ID and, as needed, coordinating Urban Buddy assignments.
15) Facilitates payroll orientation with new hires, as needed.
16) Tracks completion of new hire mandatory trainings.
17) Provides employees with information on the offboarding process.
18) Organizes Internship programming, including managing the program budget and coordinating internal communications.
19) Supports with administering employment visas, as needed.
20) Inputs information on staffing updates into weekly all staff communications, as needed.
21) Processes headcount & demographics reports.
22) Supports with managing the Talent Budget, including tracking & processing expenses.
1) Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information with absolute discretion, data integrity, and compliance.
2) Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
3) Ability to take initiative and organize and complete projects with minimal supervision.
4) Ability to maintain calm and courteous demeanor and to work productively despite heavy workload, competing priorities, and tight deadlines.
5) Excellent skills in working both independently and as a team member.
6) Excellent problem-solving skills, critical-thinking skills, and follow-up skills.
1) A minimum of two years of office setting experience .
2) MS Outlook and Microsoft Office proficiency.
3) Experience working in HR department and handling confidential information. 4) Proficiency with Workday or a customized HRIS.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05526
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.