This position provides administrative support to the Human Resources Office with primary focus on employee engagement, wellness, and development. Acts as the Human Resources contact to employees, vendors and visitors providing accurate information and referral.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the day-to-day administrative support of the Whole You initiative. Develops and disseminates outreach materials and coordinates events. Generate new ideas, coordinate programs, and field employee’s questions. Coordinate and track incentive programs.
2. Serves as an onboarding member of the HR team. May coordinate and conduct orientations for faculty, staff and union. Act as a resource for our new community members. Assist with the Faculty and Union recruitment process including posting positions, assisting applicants, and ensuring timely hiring and follow-up.
3. Supports our employee engagement initiatives, including an employee recognition program, service award and retirement celebrations. Assists in the development of new engagement programs and in program tracking and evaluation.
4. In partnership with the Associate Director, supports leadership development programming and professional development programming. Manages the nomination process and logistics around programs. Assists in the development of new programs and in program tracking and evaluation.
5. Administer Tuition Reimbursement plan, the Tuition Remission Program and the Tuition Grant. Ensure eligibility in each program, check that documentation is appropriately completed, calculate benefit due, process payment requests and respond to any questions from staff or other institutions involved.
6. As a member of the Front Office team provides office support as necessary. The Front Office HR Team is often the initial contact with the HR office for both employees and visitors. The members of the front office team work together guided by the HR Office operating principles to ensure that employees are greeted and provided with accurate information.
7. Actively provided input and participates in departmental projects and initiatives. Assists in coordinating various Human Resources programs throughout the year.
• Associates degree or equivalent experience
• 1-2+ years administrative experience preferably in Human Resources/Learning and Development.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills. • Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. • Knowledge of employee database systems. • Excellent attention to detail. • Capacity to handle confidential data with discretion and sensitivity.
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
Wellesley is known for the excellence of its education, the beauty of its setting, its gifted faculty, and the uniqueness of its campus culture. But most of all, Wellesley is known for the thousands of accomplished, thoughtful women it has sent out into the world for over 100 years women who are committed to making a difference. Every year, some 2,400 of the world's top undergraduate women are challenged to exceed their own highest personal and intellectual expectations. The mastery Wellesley graduates demonstrate across the professional and vocational spectrum, and the influence they wield, whether in their own communities or on the world stage is testament to a singularly empowering undergraduate experience. Wellesley's lively academic community places a high value on rigorous, probing inquiry, and creative, cross-discipline thinking. Its collaborative approach to scholarship encourages students to question, debate, and refine their points of view, not only with each other, but with our world-class faculty, often by working directly with them on groundbreaking projects. A Wellesley education fosters the highest standard of readiness for the real world in its graduates, in terms... of ability to think, act, and contribute meaningfully and effectively in their chosen areas of interest.
BACK TO TOP
Login disabled due to tracking consent
You are currently opted out of cookie-based tracking, which disables many of the features of this site. This includes:
Accessing the myHRCI applications or the HRCI Store