Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. He/she will be responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The Division of Business, Creative and Performing Arts at Guilford Technical Community College seeks an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative business professional/educator to join our team as a Part Time Instructor. Under general supervision, this individual may teach courses designed for transfer and support of career technical programs to include People Skills, Human Resource Management, Employment Law and Regulations, Training and Development, Recruit Selection and Personnel Planning, and Compensation and Benefits. The ideal candidate should be prepared to integrate technology skills into the classroom, be available to teach at times and locations that meet the needs of students and be committed to working constructively with all facets of our programs within a community college setting. Successful applicants will be placed into our pool of adjuncts to be assigned sections or serve as substitute instructors on an as needed basis.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or Organizational Development from a regionally accredited institution, or a Master's degree in a related field that includes 18 graduate hours in Human Resource Management or Organizational Development courses from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Doctoral degree in Business Administration or a related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi, or SPHRi Certification
- 3 years of recent professional experience working in a human resources role, such as recruitment, employee relations, compensation and benefits, or training and development
- Post-secondary teaching and/or professional training experience in any of the following formats: teaching courses, training sessions, conducting professional development workshops, and/or other continuing education seminars
- Community College teaching experience
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.
BACK TO TOP
Login disabled due to tracking consent
You are currently opted out of cookie-based tracking, which disables many of the features of this site. This includes:
Accessing the myHRCI applications or the HRCI Store